Saturday, November 5, 2016

NOV 4 2016 MTC

Hey everyone! This has been a crazy week! So much has happened, So I won't do a daily rundown. But I will tell some great things!

Halloween: Halloween was so good! Oh my goodness!! :) Hopefully you can tell from the pictures. Elder Cherry's mom (she has sorta become our district mom. She sends goodies and stuff. Its awesome. She also writes full letters for our district. I love it so much!! So for halloween, she sent a HUGE (cha) (thats an ASL thing...:)) box that was full of costumes and candy. I got a fake mustache and a fireman's hat. It was epic. Also, Brother Featherstone's faces are pretty fantastic in the pictures we took. It is seriously the best. Haha I love my teachers. For TRC later that night, Brother Featherstone wore the dinosaur hat the whole time. He became very attached. Elder Cherry let him keep it. :)

Devotionals/choir: Okay. literally the best part of the week. Sunday's devotional was good. Richard N Holzapfel spoke. He is the President of the BYU YSA 1st Stake. He was really cool. He gave a lot of good insight, and he was a very emotional speaker, which made it really cool. So for choir this week we sang Praise to the Man by Mack Wilburg. So that is cool. Brother Eggett (As usual) gave a lot of really good insight to the Restoration. It was awesome!:) Tuesday was even better. Choir was really really good, and then guess who came and visited??? President Russell M Nelson!!! It was so awesome. I can't even start to describe. He also gave us a message from President Monson. President Monson told us he loves us. So thats awesome. It is awesome to see the pure love that the Apostles show us. It always makes me happy :)

Sooooo funny thing we learned. Apparently there was a trend going around that is #foreheadselfie. It is where people do the peace sign on their forehead, and post it cause they think it is cool. I just want everyone to know what that means in ASL. When you do the peace sign on your forehead, it means stupid. No joke. In fact, some Deaf people sometimes tell hearing people that that actually means hello in ASL so they do it to other people. We all had a really good laugh about that in class :) ahhh good times.

ASL is coming. I had a lot of struggles this week. I just feel like I'm not progressing really, and that is hard for me. But as long as I try as hard as I can, the Lord will bless me. 

Frustrating thing this week: The Tongans and Samoans in our branch are really laid back, so they don't really follow the rule about 10:15 quiet time and 10:30 lights out. Last night they were being really really loud. Ugh. Oh well. Just remember, President Nelson told us that exact obedience brings miracles. True fact. And repentance works. True-biz (another ASL thing. It means fo' realz. or fo' sho'

I love you all! Have a great week! CTR! 

Elder Wright
PS. I love getting emails and mail. Just a hint. :)

Halloween, Christmas Tree Lights, Our Bananaolantern, and me as a Fireman missionary! Happy Halloween!
My teacher Brother Featherstone







Banana-lanturn



No comments:

Post a Comment