Friday, October 21, 2016

MTC CONTINUES: October 21, 2016





The Cheeto aisle:  My Favorite!


October 21, 2106

Hey everyone! 
Wow. This week has been crazy, but also kinda fast. The days past slow, but the weeks are picking up. That is pretty nice right now.

Daily rundown:
Saturday-Class... for nine hours.... yeah. Long long day. But excersise time is really nice cause we play Four Square with the Malagasi Elders. They are my favorites!!!! But they leave Monday, so that is really sad for me. But we had a lot of fun!!

Sunday- Sacrament meeting was really good! Luckily I didn't have to give a talk. They randomly pick people for those... eeeee. The temple walk today was awesome. It was perfect weather, and I loved it! But also, the weather makes me kinda homesick... I love this weather so much, so when I can't take advantage of it, its hard. But oh well. At least i will get to see NY in the fall. That will be awesome. The sunday night devotional was awesome!! A man named Vai (long tongan name) talked. He is a sportcaster in Philly. True fact: the CEO of the 76ers is a mormon now. He was baptized. Vai talked about him a ton. It was awesome. Vai was also the first tongan to play for BYU. He also played pro football for the Cardinals and the Eagles. No big deal.

Monday: STRESSSSSS. In the ASL community, there are some people who don't know any language, and are also deaf. So no English, ASL, Spanish, Russian, whatever. No language. At all. So the only way to teach them? GESTURES. We are teaching "J". Thats her sign name. We don't actually know her real name. Soooo yeah. Having to teach about the restoration? NOT EASY. Its like teaching a 50 year old toddler who is deaf also. But our teachers said we would teach at least one of those lessons in the field. The lesson we taught crashed and burned. Yeah. 

Tuesday: We taught our other investigator, Manny. (he's actually brother peck, but whatever.) He is pretty cool. But we really struggled to teach him. The 3 of us are really good teachers on our own, but are too prideful to work together, so thats what we're working on. The tuesday night devotional was awesome! Elder Robbins talked about a lot of stuff. Christlike Attributes, companions, patience. He said having a companion now is preparing us to be with our Eternal Companions. So thats exciting.

Wednesday: Class all day. One thing... ASL is really hard to understand when you're tired. True fact

Thursday: 9 hours of class..... Yay... But it wasn't to bad. I was super sore after sitting that long, but I survived.

So that was my week! 

Okay, so learning a language is really hard. But I am doing a lot better than I ever did when I took ASL! The gift of tongues is so real! True fact. 

Thats all I can think of to say... well, I love you all! Keep on going! Woohoo!!

Elder Wright

PS. I'm so bummed the Malagasi Elders are leaving. And the Haitian Creole Elders. I'll send a pic of Elders watson and Salmond later. Man I'mma miss them. Today Elder Chulamony waited in Elder Alvarez's closet for like 10 minutes, just to shoot him with a dart gun. #MTCShenanigans




No comments:

Post a Comment