Sunday, October 9, 2016

October 7, 2016 MTC





Hey everyone! Its been a crazy 1/2 week! As soon as I was dropped, I was whisked away, got my supplies, (Including my iPad. Yes. I get one. But I don't really use it a lot...) and then went straight to class. I walked in, and one of the teachers was there. Brother Featherstone. He didn't say a word the whole time. I was really really overwhelmed. But I made it through class. Brother Featherstone is Deaf. He's super nice and funny, and he always ends his class by telling us he loves us. He isn't my teacher though. I have the other teacher. Brother Peck. He is super nice too. I love both of the teachers. They are helping me a ton! It kinda makes me want to be a teacher at the MTC after my mission!

At class I met my companions (yes, I am in a threeo. I don't know why we say that and not trio, but oh well.) Elder Wallace and Elder Whicker. I like them both a lot. Elder Wallace is really spiritual and determined. Elder Whicker is really quiet, but he says he's doing good, and I can tell he is trying.

After class, we went to a meeting with all the new missionaries and the MTC president spoke to us. It was really good. Then we had dinner, and then we came back and did role plays with one investigator and 50 missionaries asking questions. It was crazy, but cool. Then we had a meeting with the Zone Leaders and Branch President. I really like our Branch President. He is super friendly, and knows what he's talking about. He always tells us he loves us. So thats awesome. 

Thursday started with another New Missionary class. The brother who taught us was really cool, but I don't remember his name... Oh well. He told us a lot of cool stories. Then we had lunch, and then class. It was crazy! I could feel the spirit working with me a ton! I've learned so much. And we met our first investigator! Her name is Kaylinn! She had her dad die when she was nine, and doesn't like her stepdad. But she is excited to meet with us! Its amazing. I've find myself constantly thinking of ways to help her and answer her questions. I already have this love for her, and i want her to change. Its awesome!

Later our branch had a meeting with the Branch Presidency and they're wives. The Presidency did 3 minute interview with each of us, and the wives instructed and introduced us. 

I LOVE MY BRANCH!!! Here are the places our branch is going to: Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Kiribata(I'm not sure how to spell the place but thats the language), Marshall Islands, and then? The ASL missionaries. We have a lot of Polynesians in our Branch. THey are so funny!! I love them so much!! I like elder Fifita, Elder Fifita (twins) and Elder Sagapolu. 

Today we played volleyball! I loved it! We didn't keep score at all. The only thing that mattered was who got the coolest spikes. It was soooo fun!!! And then later we're going to the temple, so I am super excited for that.

One thing I have learned since I got here is that the Gift of Tongues is soooo real. I have already learned so much, and almost have the Missionary Purpose memorized in ASL, and I can pray in ASL too! I love it!!! Also, we constantly feel the Spirit here, and even more when we are signing. I love it!

Another thing I love about the MTC? The constant feeling of the Spirit. I always thought people exaggerated the spirit. They don't. It's amazing. I love it. 

Anyways, thats about it! I love you all! The Church is true! 
Elder Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment