Saturday, November 5, 2016

October 28, 2016

Hey Everyone! Elder Wright here! Wow. I can't believe its already P-day. Time travels really fast here. But also really slow. Its a paradox. But this week has been great!!!! The language is coming a long great, and things with my companions are getting better! We have been doing really good companionship study, and that has helped us learn how each other sign and has really helped us get unified. Companionship study is really important!!! USE IT! If you're married, do it with you spouse! Take an hour every day and just study with each other! I promise it will bless your life!

Alrighty! Daily rundown!
Saturday: We didn't teach anyone today, but it was still a long day. 9 hour days are hard because often study time becomes "study sleep habit time" If you see what I mean. Staying awake for personal study is really hard. I'm praying everyday for energy, but it is still hard. Oh well. I just need to get used to the fact that "good nights sleep" doesn't exist for the next two years. But today we played a really fun game called "Energy Ball" It would be a really good game for warm ups before acting. It involves classifiers (ASL term. You use them to show how big something is, or describe something that doesn't really have a sign or you don't know the sign for it) Anyways. It was really fun. I loved it. And I was really able to get into it

Sunday: Good day! Guess what? I'm the new district leader! Yay! Although its really not a super big accomplishment. There are 3 elders in my branch, and one was already District Leader, so it was a 50/50 chance. But hey! And I can already see how much of a blessing this calling will be in my mission and in my life. I am really enjoying it! 
Sunday devotional was awesome! Elder Allen of the Missionary Department spoke. It was so good. I loved it! He taught us about.. well, everything. He said what the spirit told him to talk about. He had us say a prayer so he could recieve inspiration. It was soo cool! He answered a loooot of questions. Also, to all you thinking about serving a mission? If you do, DO THE MTC CHOIR!!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!! So yeah. Brother Eggett is awesome.

Monday: Brother Peck was sick. So it was really hard to focus. But our gesture lesson went well. IT was hard but good. Gesturing is so hard. The person you're teachign can't really express if they understand anything, but that is why the spirit was important. We said bye to all the Malagasi Elders so  that is sad. Elder Alvarez (Abby Barrett, you know him. If you ever read this....) is really awesome. I'm gonna miss him. Besides, he listens to Hamilton.... So we have a connection there. 

Tuesday. The devotional was awesoeme! Also, Brother Eggett taught me more about the Atonement than I have ever thought of in my life. Once again... TAKE MTC CHOIR. 
The devotional was good! Elder Natress spoke. He was ordained in 2016, sooo he is a pretty new Seventy, but he did really good!!

Wednesday/THursday: Class, class more class. But some really really funny things happened!!!! That is for sure. Including Elder Martinson acting out the stripling warriors with gesturing. That was so good. Also, brother Featherstone is really good at telling stories! Its so cool! Oh my gosh!!:) He is a genius.

The language is coming, thats for sure. Its hard, but very rewarding. I can't wait to come home and be fluent! I am thinking of being a teacher at the MTC! Brother Peck told me to talk to him about it after the mission, so here is hoping.

The epic games of Volleyball are awesome. But not quite as awesome as at the Hill Cumorah Pageant. Nothing quite compares to that though. Still. We have fun.

The one thing i miss so much? Acting. And music. So I guess that is two things, but still. I miss it a lot. I can't wait to do community theater when I get back. And I'll be a pro after doing ASL for two years, right?! :) Lets hope

Well, I love you all! The church is true! Press forward! Till we meet again! Choose the Right! Now let us rejoice! Okay, now I'm just naming hymns... Love you all!

Elder Kronk (Thats what all the elders in the districts call me. They even convinced Brother Featherstone to have that as an optional sign name... I'm cool with it though. Kronk is one of my favorites)
Elder Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment