Friday, November 11, 2016

November 11, 2016

Hey Everybody! 

Elder Wright here! Wow. I can't believe its only been six weeks. It seems like only yesterday I was dropped off by my parents. Wow. Its even weirder to think that I will be teaching the people of New York in 4 days! What?! On the other hand, I don't really remember what my life was like before. I feel like I've been gone forever, but its literally been no time at all. But hey! Life moves on! 

We finished teaching all our PI (Progressing Investigators) and our MAPIs (Missionaries As Progressing Investigators) It was really good. Manny was a great source of frustration though. He would not open up to us whatsoever!!! Ugh. It was so frustrating. But it was also good help for me learning how to love the people. It was awesome! 

The Sunday Devotional this week was AWESOME! Jenny Oaks Baker came and played songs for us and gave messages. She has incredible talent. And her whole family. Her 10 year old son came out and played the guitar like a pro. It was so cool to see her whole family participating with her, and you can tell that all their efforts have made their family grow. Its awesome!

I am going to miss the teachers here so much!!! They are my favorites! We had prolly one of the best lessons I've ever had in my entire life the other day with Brother Featherstone and Sister Rice. It was about the Atonement, and was probably one of the most enlightening lessons I've ever had. It was amazing. Ever since I got here, my testimony of the power of the Atonement has shot through the roof. The Atonement is real. We can use it whenever we need. We should use it everyday. Whether or not we use it, Christ still suffered for everything we've gone through, so if we don't use it, it is wasting the gift Christ gave us. Use it! Repentance is not a bad thing! It is the greatest thing in our lives, and using it WILL bring us happiness. 

OH MY GOODNESS!!! THE CAFETERIA SERVED US REAL MASHED POTATOES FOR THE FIRST TIME! I FEEL SO BLESSED! It was an amazing experience. Especially cause the potatoes they usually serve are fake and have the consistency of Moon Sand. Like, you could sculpt Michaelangelo's sculpture David. Then they'd put that in the museum. You all think I'm joking, I'm sure.

Yesterday we had In-field Orientation. It was helpful, but sitting there for all that time with no break? Yeah, I'd rather not go through that for the rest of my life. Thanks. Oh well. It still was helpful to me.

I love you all! Keep it up! Remember the Lord our Savior, Jesus Christ died for you! Not as a group, but individually! He loves you! I testify of that! 

I love you all! When I talk to you next, I will be in NYC! Woot woot!

Elder Wright


Me and Elder Wallace's fresh cuts! Aw yeah!



Me and Elder Wawro!!! I forgot he was coming soon, so this was an awesome surprise!

Me and Brother Gines! So happy I saw him!


No comments:

Post a Comment