Sunday, November 20, 2016

Elder Wright Day 2 IN THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD!! (Work work)

The much appreciated "he made it" photo with his Mission Pres Reynolds and wife.

Proof---he is in NYC

Wow! I can't believe I'm here!!! I love it so far!!! Everything is so packed and busy! It's so cool! I was super nervous at first, but I can definitely feel the Lord helping me out. It's awesome. 


Let's start with funny stories, shall we? 😂. Let's see. First day here, we headed off to District meeting. I went into the bathroom, and I had something on my shoulder. Guess what it was?? Bird poop! First thing that popped into my head? Welcome to New York. First day here and I've already been pooped on. It made me a little down in the "dumps," but I was able to recover at a "running" pace. Okay, that's enough with the poop puns. I will try to avoid the pigeons though. But that will be hard cause there are SO MANY!!! Another funny story. Well, sorta. This guy walked into the subway, and was letting off some very colorful language to no one. It was interesting. I already experienced a ton, and it's only been two days! Wow! 

Monday was crazy! We woke up at 3:30 to get to the travel office, and then went to the airport. I got to call my mom and dad though, so that was great! It was great to here someone's voice I knew and loved so dearly. That also helped the wait time go by. The plane ride was good. I had a window seat so I was able to get sleep pretty easily. It was nice. Then we met the President and the Assistants. It was awesome! I love President Reynolds! He is so kind! Sister Reynolds is awesome too. I feel so blessed, and I already feel like I can trust them with anything. I love them! We headed to the mission home and ate food. I hadn't eaten all day, so that was nice. I also met my new companions, Elder Brown (Deaf, Tongan, super funny and nice) and Elder Larson (District Leader, from Arizona, also very nice.) I think we will all get along great

One thing I am gonna have trouble learning is the Subway systems. Elder Brown is a pro though, so I will trust in him. That's for sure. And I will do my best to learn it. Tuesday, we rode the subway a ton!!!! Like, half the day. I didn't talk to a lot of people though. It's just scary. I'm working on it though! Trust the Lord and he will provide!

I met my first NYC Deaf member! His name is Jose Jimenez. He is a recent convert, and he needed Elder Larson to interpret so he could send a package. We walked through one of the Chinatowns (turns out there are like 5 of them, so don't think I was going to Manhattan. That's outside of the mission. We only go there on Sundays. Not joking. That's where the Deaf Branch is.) Anyways, Jose is getting the priesthood this Sunday! He is gonna pass the sacrament soon! It's awesome! I am super excited for him! It's so cool, and even though I couldn't really understand him cause he was signing so fast, I was feeling the Spirit so much. It's awesome. 

I am loving the city. We were headed to the Church building in Brooklyn (I think), and Elder Brown 
pointed behind me, and I saw an amazing view! You can see all of Manhattan, and Downtown Brooklyn. It is so cool!!! Oh that reminds me. I am in Brooklyn! That's where Captain America is from! I will send a picture with me at the Captain America statue (in your face Connor! Ha!) 

Anyways, i am really loving the people here. They are really cool, and there are so many different people, and people who look like they could and should be members! I love it! The people look sad though. I am trying to change that by saying Hi and smiling though! Some people react well to it! Others? Noooot so much... But some people look and say hi back and smile! I love it. 

230 Ocean Parkway Apt B4
Brooklyn NY 11218

That's the address I'm at if any of you want to send letters. Packages need to be sent to the mission home. So send ALL THE MAIL! I loooove getting letters and emails. 

I miss you all! Have a good week! Stay safe! 

Elder Wright
PS. Hamilton songs have been running through my head. And In the Heights. Anyways. Love you all. 

Here are pictures of the district:


The eyepiece dab is in reference to President Reynold's sign name



No comments:

Post a Comment