Sunday, January 1, 2017

December 26, 2016

Hello everyone! Merry Christmas πŸŽ„πŸŽ⭐️πŸŽ‰ I hope your Christmas was
incredible and you all had the opportunity to stuff your faces with
candy and delicious other food!

Well where shall we start? Well, let's just start with my week

Monday: Preparation Day! Was very good, and we spent most of our day
thinking of ideas for our skit for the Christmas Devotional. Oh. Also,
we got Chinese food. It was pretty dang good! Not as good as Happiness
Garden but not bad. The pork fried rice was really good though. That
is kinda the normal think to get here. And it doesn't have peas or
carrots or any of that stuff no one should like. Nah. It has pork, and
that's pretty much it. It's great😊

Tuesday: Normal stuff. District meeting, look ups, etc. But here is
one funny story. We got to the chapel, and Sisters Provard and Rokes
had ordered Chinese food. Weeeell the Zone Leader saw that and wanted
some so they ordered. Then when they were eating, we decided we wanted
some. Now understand. This Chinese place only has one delivery man. So
he came and left 3 times in a row! To the exact same place! I feel
kinda bad for him haha πŸ˜‚

Wednesday: It was good! We did the normal service routine, laying
cobblestones again too. That was good, but the dirt was frozen solid!
Like, we had to use a pick axe to chip it away! It was super hard
(Heh. Puns) but still okay. But it made my hands sore for the rest of
the week. So that hurt. They swelled up like crazy. Best part of the
day though? I tried something delicious. It was an Arizona drink. The
flavor was Mango Lime Rickey. It was to die for. My new favorite
drink. Mm so good.

Thursday: we practiced our skit, and then had to head out to the
mission office so we can figure out what to do for Elder Brown, cause
he is trying to fly straight to Orem, but they said he needs to go
home to Tonga. His flight is gonna be so long. I feel sorry for him.
NY to San Fran to NZ to Tonga. With a 2 day layover in NZ. So yeah,
going to the office took all day.

Friday! It was awesome! We had the Christmas Devotional at the mission
office!!!! It was so funny! The skits were great and we just had a
great time! We had some cool musical numbers and all that, so it was
way good! Some of the skits were.... very poorly executed. So that was
great. Even the Bermuda πŸ‡§πŸ‡² Zone participated! They made a parody of
the song (I think it's called Kokomo? You know.... 🎡Bermuda, Bahamas,
come on pretty mama🎡) anyways. They made it all about missionary life
on Bermuda. All I can say now is that I hope I get to go there. But
literally every missionary says that. But I can dream!!! 😊

And now comes..... the 24th?!?!? 🎡1 day to Christmas, 1 day to
Christmas, not enough time to do your Christmas shopping 🎡 (it's from
She Loves Me in case any of you were wondering. Get educated!😊) The
opportunity to sing that only comes 1 time a year! Had to do that. It
was such a good day!!!! We went to the Buckner's for
dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Buckner's are my favorite! We met them at the
Hill Cumorah Pageant. They have incredible views, and Denzel
Washington lives in the building next to theirs. πŸ˜‚ it was awesome. We
had a Christmas devotional and all that fun stuff. The food was
incredible, and the Pelo Family was there too!! A perfect way to spend
Christmas Eve.

Christmas! Skype time! We had church, and all that fun stuff. We went
out to the Bushwick chapel, so we didn't have to time to travel there,
back, there and back (for dinner later) so we just chilled there, some
Skyped their families, and just waited until 4. Then we headed to the
Schull's house. He is the Brooklyn Stake President. So we had dinner
and all that delicious stuff, and I Skyped my family! It was so weird
to be the one on a mission this time. But really cool still! We had a
great time😊 I love my family! It was great. Then I headed back down,
we played games, and then we were about to go home, when the Zone
Leaders begged us to go to another dinner with them, because they told
her that 9 missionaries were coming and some had cancelled. So we went
to that. It was Mama Cherry! (But not Elder Cherry's mom, dangitπŸ˜’)
she is a really funny Jamaican lady! She taught us a fun word, but I
will not repeat it in order to not offend people. She also made good
food, but we were all so full that we could barely eat. It was rough.
But the meat was good (but also reallllly spicy. Welcome to Jamaica
πŸ‡―πŸ‡²)

Well, I really can't think of much to say. I told my family everything
last night, so my brain is drained of all that. The language is
progressing... yeah. I don't even know. I love you all. Have a great
week and a happy New Year! πŸŽŠπŸŽ†

Elder Wright
"History has its eyes on you"

A picture of me and President Buckner!!!πŸ˜„

The inside of the Buckner's beautiful home

The view looking down on Columbus Circle (the picture doesn't show the
true beauty)

The view of the rest of Manhattan (once again. Can't even describe)

A cool little market in Central Park that happens every year

No comments:

Post a Comment